You can reserve the Crocker Pond House for elegant weddings and receptions, small, intimate reunions, birthday and anniversary celebrations, corporate retreats, and planning sessions. We have hosted many, many lovely weddings here since 1995.
- THE CROCKER POND HOUSE WAS DESIGNED BY STUART CROCKER ARCHITECT TO CAPTURE THE FEELING OF A MAINE LODGE, WITH PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO CLIMATE, VIEWS, AND THE USE OF MATERIALS.
- WE CAN PROVIDE AN OCCASION WHICH WILL BE FOREVER MEMORABLE. THE HOUSE AND GROUNDS WILL BE YOURS EXCLUSIVELY.
- THE SETTING AFFORDS SECLUSION, NATURAL BEAUTY, AND QUIET. YOU CAN ADD THE MUSIC YOU WANT, THE CUISINE, THE FLOWERS, THE TENTS AND TABLE SETTINGS YOU CHOOSE TO CREATE THIS SPECIAL TIME EXACTLY THE WAY YOU ENVISION IT.
- SET IN 50 ACRES OF PINE AND BIRCH WOODS, WITH LAWNS, WALKING TRAILS, AN OCCASION AT THE CROCKER POND HOUSE WILL BE FOR YOU AND YOUR GUESTS ONLY. ALTHOUGH WE ARE LESS THAN 10 MINUTES FROM BETHEL VILLAGE, THERE IS NOT ANOTHER DWELLING TO BE SEEN HERE ~ ONLY VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS AND WOODS. OCCASIONALLY WE ARE VISITED BY A LOCAL MOOSE.
- THE CROCKER POND HOUSE COMBINES THE AMBIANCE OF A BARONIAL MANOR WITH THE INFORMALITY OF A COUNTRY LODGE. THE SHINGLE-STYLE HOUSE HAS BEEN BUILT TO BE CONGRUOUS WITH THE NATURAL SETTING. GLASS AND WINDOWS LET THE NATURAL WORLD IN; DECKS AND PORCHES TAKE THE INSIDE WORLD OUT. THERE IS NO TELEVISION IN THE LIVING ROOM, BUT WE PROVIDE A CHOICE OF CLASSICAL, MELLOW JAZZ OR FOLK MUSIC. YOU MAY WANT TO BRING YOUR OWN CD’S, TAPES, RECORDS, OR LIVE MUSIC.
Planning Your Wedding
“We can help you make arrangements for caterers, florists, equipment, tents, music, and other appointments so that your event is custom-designed just the way you want it.”
Depending on the season…
Outside you can:
* Play croquet or volleyball
* Walk the trails here and commune with nature
* Have your breakfast on the deck
Inside you can:
* Have a breakfast tray in bed
* Have tea or a glass of wine by the fire
* Work a jigsaw puzzle
* Find a quiet nook to read, think
* Talk, laugh, relax
We can arrange canoe trips on the Androscoggin River, which flows nearby. You can enjoy hiking the Appalachian Trail, taking a picnic by woodland waterfalls, mastering the rockface just down the road, visiting the antique shop tucked away with treasures from all over the world.
We hope you will consider us when you look toward creating a wondrous occasion.
Click here to view our photo gallery for more wedding pictures.
- THE LIVING ROOM WITH AN INTIMATE SITTING AREA AROUND THE FIREPLACE, 18-FOOT CEILINGS, A CATHEDRAL WALL OF GLASS LOOKING OUT TO THE MOUNTAINS, PROVIDES A SPACE TO BE TOGETHER WITH CONVIVIALITY. THE DINING ROOM CAN SEAT UP TO 14, THE SUNROOM UP TO 30.
- THE LIBRARY, THE SCREENED-IN PORCH, THE EAVED READING ROOM (THE “MUSHROOM”), THE VARIOUS DECKS, PROVIDE SPACES FOR SOLITUDE OR SMALL GROUPS.
- THE BEDROOMS ARE SIMPLY AND BEAUTIFULLY APPOINTED WITH PUFFY QUILTS, BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS AND WOODWORK; EACH HAS PRIVATE BATH.